Indoor Air Quality & Mold Inspections
A professional mold and indoor air quality evaluation and testing can provide answers. If you are considering a mold and indoor air quality inspection give us a call.
Our inspections provide a complete evaluation of the interior and exterior your building conducted by trained and certified professionals using state of the art testing equipment and laboratory analysis. You will be provided a detailed report, explanation and recommendations for remediation (if necessary).
Got LEAKS? Got MOLD? Got ALLERGIES?
What is Mold?
Mold is a type of fungus, comprising single-celled or multinucleate organisms that live by decomposing and absorbing organic material in which they grow, ie: mushrooms, molds, mildews, rusts and yeasts. Molds are decomposers of dead organic material such as leaves, wood and plants. Molds sometime infect living plants and animals. The spores and mold colonies are to small to see with the human eye without a microscope. When a lot of mold is growing on a surface, it often appears black, green, pink or purple. Mold growing on fabric is called mildew.
What does Mold need to grow?
Mold needs water to grow, without water it cannot grow. Mold also needs food, oxygen and a temperature between 40 and 100 degrees F. Mold needs a damp or wet organic material to grow on. Some molds can get moisture from the air. All they need is a relative humidity above 80%. Mold is virtually everywhere.
Why do I need to know anything about Mold?
Mold can affect your health. It can also damage or destroy building materials. Molds sometimes make powerful chemicals called mycotoxins. Unfortunately some of these make people sick. It is possible for hidden mold to cause mold allergies in your building.
We do not do remediation work, that would be a conflict of interest!
A+ is strictly an inspection and testing company. We highly recommend an inspection and lab test before paying any money for remediation. If it is discovered that you need remediation, we will provide a list of certified professional companies that you may have the option to choose from. In the event remediation is necessary, always have a clearance test preformed, to ensure your work was done correctly.
We offer 7 levels of inspection:
- Mold Inspection & testing – Visual inspection with mold sampling (swab, lift tape, inner wall, air cassette)
- Mold Inspection with thermal infrared – Visual inspection, infrared scanning inside & out of building, with mold sampling (swab, lift tape, inner wall, air cassette)
- Mold Inspection, thermal infrared scan, mold sampling & Allergen sampling (pollens, dust mites, cockroaches, pet dander or biological pollutents)
- Mold Inspection, thermal infrared scan, mold & allergen sampling plus scanning for the presence of VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
- Indoor Air Quality Evaluation with carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, temperature, relative humidity, absolute humidity, dew point, and air exchange rate are logged and charted for detailed analysis.
- Indoor Air Quality Evaluation Plus VOC testing using sorbent tubes to measure parts per million of specific volatile organic compounds.
- Suma canister testing or photo ionization detector (PID) for on-site air sample collection and laboratory testing of volatile organic compounds.
We can also test for:
- Carbon Dioxide
- Carbon Monoxide
- Dust Mites
- Meth Lab
- Multiple Chemicals
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).