Oceanside Infrared Inspection
Our Oceanside infrared inspections are done by certified thermographers with years of experience and training. Since 2002, We have been providing Oceanside infrared inspections for homeowners, commercial property owners, doctors, lawyers, restaurant owners, contractors, property managers, factories and manufacturing facilities. “Knowledge is king”, is a famous slogan. When it comes to buying or leasing an Oceanside property this statement could not be truer. With an Oceanside infrared inspection you will know the condition of the property without destructive testing.
Infrared thermography uses an infrared bolometer to read and detect radiation in the electromagnetic spectrum, and then produce a thermal image that can be used in building inspection. Infrared radiation is emitted by all building materials and the amount of radiation emitted increases with temperature. All objects emit infrared radiation. Infrared energy is generated by the vibration and rotation of atoms and molecules. The higher the temperature of an object, the more the motion and hence the more infrared energy is emitted. This is the energy detected by an infrared camera.
The ability of both objects to emit or absorb this radiation is called emissivity. Emissivity is a term representing a material’s ability to emit thermal radiation. Each material has a different emissivity. A thermal imaging camera is capable of performing algorithms to interpret that data and build an image. By using the correct emissivity of the specific building material and a series of mathematical algorithms the thermographer is able to provide a thermogram. It allows for evaluation of the temperature differences in the surrounding building materials. With this image and the knowledge of the building envelop an experienced thermographer is able to determine the precise location of the anomaly and most often the cause of such an anomaly.
The use of infrared thermography in our Oceanside building evaluations is state of the art. The newest and latest technologies are used to provide the best, most accurate and thorough inspection available today. Your Oceanside thermographer can use this non-destructive investigative technique to check:
- Flat roof leak detection for buildings
- Identify water damaged portions of a roof quickly & accurately
- Eliminate unnecessary replacement of good roofing
Building Envelopes and Structures
- Thermal heat loss or gain
- Identify air leakage energy losses
- Locate radiant heating wires or pipes
- Moisture intrusion evaluations
- Locate missing, damaged or wet insulation
- Locate and identify mold growth within the building
- Identify over loaded electrical circuits, breakers, panels & wiring
- Concrete water heated floor inspections for leaks & temperature distribution
- Evaluate the thermal performance of retrofits